Home Remedies For Hiccups
Hiccups are unintentional sounds produced by our diaphragm. The sound produced is caused by fast closure of the vocal cords. There can be various causes of hiccups such as inhalation of gasoline fumes, ingestion of hot and spicy foods. It can be a symptom of more serious disease such as Diabetes or Kidney disorder but many times, no cause can be found for the hiccups.
If you are fed up of the constant hiccups, here are few useful tips to try.
1. Breathe into a paper bag repeatedly.
2. Drink cold water while extending your neck.
3. Hold your breath for a while and then let it go.
4. Pulling your tongue with finger.
5. Sit and lean forwards and try compressing the chest and diaphragm against the knees.
6. Take 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
7. Suck Ginger for sometime.
8. Gargle with warm water.
9.Try laughing loudly.
If the hiccups persist, please see your doctor.
Written by Dr.Muhammad Wasif Haq, Karachi, Pakistan.
The Page Is A Part Of Cool Bluez